We have developed Knowledge and Skill Standards for Health Education of Indian students.
In order that children develop and maintain healthy behaviours, we need to provide students with knowledge and help them develop healthy behaviour skills. These are addressed in the Health Education Standards. Standards in other countries were reviewed to develop these standards. They are designed for Indian youth. They provide the framework for the curriculum development, instruction and student assessment.
Students will comprehend:
1. What is health and the reason why it is important to have good health.
2 .Various types of diseases and injuries.
3. The modifiable behaviours like diet and exercise and non-modifiable factors like genes that impact health.
4. Concepts related to each health topic.
Students will demonstrate the ability:
1. To set overall personal health goals.
2. To use decision making and personal communication skills to improve health.
3 .To analyze the influence of family, peers and media on health behaviours.
4. To incorporate health enhancing behaviours in their daily lives.
5. To be an advocate and help improve the health of others.Say something interesting about your business here.If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.
The following books have been written in English and Hindi and have been printed. The funding for these books was provided by a District Grant from Rotary Club of Canon CIty.
The books are:
Following is the list of chapters in each book. They cover topics relating to Physical, Mental and Social Health.
What does it mean to be healthy? Why is it important to have good health?
Different types of diseases and injuries
What affects your health?
Hygiene and Sanitation
Tobacco, Alcohol and drugs
Vision, dental and auditory health
Self-esteem and values
Emotions and stress
We are in the process of conducting an evaluation of the curriculum in Delhi, India.